Question:

From Easley, South Carolina, USA:

I have recently just been diagnosed with hypoglycemia, and I don't know what kind of diet I am supposed to be on.

Answer:

Since hypoglycemia is caused by too much insulin in the system, it is best to eat foods which will not stimulate a lot of insulin to be released. In general, it is best to avoid concentrated sweets and to eat small meals at least six times a day. A diet which is balanced in protein, carbohydrate (other than sweets) and fat is appropriate. For further details, I would suggest you contact a dietitian who can help you plan a diet which will be appropriate for you.

JM

Posted to Meal Planning, Food and Diet and Hypoglycemia