From Miami, Florida, USA:

My mother is 58 years old and has had type 1 diabetes since she was 13. Her left wrist was hurting her months ago, and now it is frozen. She cannot extend it or flex it and supination is limited. She is beginning to lose range of motion in her right wrist now as well. She has been to orthopodists and rheumatologists, but no one can give her a diagnosis. Any suggestions?

From the description, I am not able to make a specific diagnosis. As you may know, diabetes can involve the joints in the hand. However, these findings are well described and should be identifiable by capable joint specialists who have more knowledge and about joints and your mother's care than I do. Sorry I am not much help here.