From America On-Line:

I have type 1 diabetes and a C-peptide level of 0.5. My blood sugar drops after taking amino acid supplements. Is this common? I also go through times when I need to eat 100s of carbs with my pump on a low basal rate. The next day I could need three times as much insulin.

Why are you taking amino acid supplements? Most food provides sufficient protein, in fact, probably double or triple what your body needs. Most diabetologists believe you should be limiting protein intake and not supplementing.

I am puzzled by a low blood sugar response unless your activity, insulin and other food is not being balanced. You should consider discussing this in some detail with your diabetologist and with your dietitian to get more up-to-date information and specifically to check kidney function with a microalbumin test.