From Fontana, California, USA:

My husband has a family history of diabetes among almost all the men (I am assuming it's type 2). My son, since he was born, has always sweated profusely, has always been extremely thirsty, urinates very frequently, and drinks extreme amounts of liquids. About a year ago, he tested negative for diabetes. He is now five years old and has the same symptoms, however, we have noticed that he now has bags under his eyes (he gets enough sleep.). His cuts and sores take months to heal, or rather, take longer than "normal" to heal. Is it possible he might now have developed diabetes?

It is extremely unlikely, given that you have had him tested. When five year olds develop diabetes, they normally have a relatively short duration of symptoms before the diagnosis becomes very obvious by them becoming ill.