From Eugene, Oregon, USA:

I am a 25 year old who was diagnosed at age 19. Why is it, when I am on four or more shots a day for my type 1 diabetes, and I am out of the home, I am questioned about what I am doing? What is the best way to answer questions in a professional way when they don't listen to your explanation that you have diabetes?

My advice is to just state simply, plainly, "I am taking insulin." End of story. No other explanations needed.

I am sorry that you are made to feel like you owe other people an explanation, but I know it is that way for many people living with diabetes.

Posted to Other Social Issues