From Rock Hill, South Carolina, USA:

I am 11 years old and would like to know if I have a chance of getting diabetes. I am always thirsty for water or something, always hungry, and I have blurred vision. I have all those symptoms, and most of my family has diabetes except my parents.

Yes, these can be symptoms of diabetes. It is very important that you speak to your parents right away and tell them you have these symptoms so you can see a doctor and be checked. If it is diabetes, if you diagnose it early, you can avoid becoming very sick. If it isn't diabetes, you should find out what the problem is anyway.

Good luck, and speak to your parents as soon as you log off.

Posted to Genetics and Heredity and Diagnosis and Symptoms