From Baumholder, Germany:

I am 23 and have been experiencing symptoms for years now. When I get too hungry I get shaky, sweaty, and confused. When I was younger, about 17 or 18, it would get so bad at times that my hearing would get muffled, and I would get very close to passing out, one time I actually did. I think that these are symptoms of hypoglycemia, but what I am wondering is if this will go away with age or turn into diabetes.

Your symptoms are unrelated to diabetes and offer no suggestion that you will develop diabetes. However, there's no guarantee that you might not (independently) develop diabetes at some point. However, if your symptoms resolve with eating something sugary, then you can avoid this by not having long periods of fasting and ensuring that you eat something starchy before exercise.

Posted to Diagnosis and Symptoms and Hypoglycemia