Question:

From Ireland:

I am worried that my son may have diabetes. He has shown a few signs including severe itching of the bum and also an increased thirst. Could this be an early indication? He already suffers from asthma and had epilepsy from age 14 months to five years. Where can I find more information on this subject or am I being a little overcautious?

Answer:

With children, you can never be overcautious. However, diabetes in children is relatively simple to diagnose, so it is important that you see your doctor and get him checked out.

JS