From Douglas, Massachusetts, USA:

I have been on a low carbohydrate diet for about a month. My blood sugar readings have dropped from a range of 200-275 mg/dl [11.1-15.3 mmol/L] to a range of 75-150 mg/dl [4.2-8.3 mmol/L] centering around 125 mg/dl [6.9 mmol/L]. I have cut my medications in half (I'm on two different pills for type 2). Do the presence of ketones affect the readings that appear on blood glucose monitors?

Congratulations on getting your blood glucose levels into control. The ketones you see are what we call "ketones of starvation". It means your body is burning fat. For most people with type 1 diabetes, ketones are a sign of insufficient insulin, but, for those with type 2, ketones are cause for celebration!

I do think you should start adding some carbohydrates to your diet. You will continue to lose weight if you keep your carbs down to three to four servings per meal, and you will get many of the nutrients missing from your diet now. Start slowly, adding one additional serving every few days of a grain, starch or fruit serving until you find your "carbohydrate budget" (the amount of carbohydrate you can tolerate while still getting good glucose levels).