From a school nurse in Long Beach, California, USA:

I would like to teach a diabetic diet to a seven year old. Do you have information or a plan that would help to make it understandable and user friendly?

You can teach some basic nutritional principles such as the Food Guide Pyramid. This provides the basis for good nutrition, regardless of the individual's meal plan. There are several companies that have some wonderful nutrition education materials for children.

A variety of meal planning methods are utilized in diabetes care today. Since you are not a dietitian specializing in the care of children with diabetes, I really would suggest you not get deeply involved without a written order from the child's physician.