Question:

From San Francisco, California, USA:

I had my annual exam and showed very high levels of sugar in my urine. I had not eaten any sweets for days. They sent me down to the lab for a diabetes test, but several days later, I had not heard anything from them. They said I did not have diabetes, but then never really clarified if I should be doing anything about all the sugar I had in my urine. Should I be tested again?

Answer:

Glucose in the urine may be a spurious event. However, I would ask your physician to clarify the details of your diabetes test. The results may have been borderline and require follow-up.