From Springfield, Missouri, USA:

My five year old son just started kindergarten, They are having the principal do his testing and checking to make sure he eats all his lunch. Twice last week he didn't eat part of his lunch. I am worried she is too busy to take on this responsibility. Do I have any legal ground to stand on?

If you have a 504 plan in place that says that school personnel will do your son's blood sugar checks and monitor his lunch, they are obliged to follow through. Otherwise, the school is liable for any adverse outcome. If the principal is too busy to take on these responsibilities, he (or she) must find someone who will.

Posted to Social Issues: School and Daycare