From Kenosha, Wisconsin, USA:

I am 34 weeks pregnant and I just had my glucose test done at the end of 33 weeks. I do not know why my doctor waited so long to test me. Regardless, I failed the one hour test and failed the three hour test, meaning I have gestational diabetes. I am almost 35 weeks now, and I am going to see a dietitian tomorrow. What help is that going to be when I am already so far along? Hasn't the damage already been done? I kind of hold my doctor responsible for making me take the test so late, am I wrong?

Gestational diabetes does not carry the same risk of fetal abnormalities as in mothers who enter a pregnancy already with diabetes. Your main risk is excessive fetal growth. Starting diet now will still help this.

Posted to Gestational Diabetes