From Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA:

I am a 35 year old male with type 1 diabetes. I am on Humalog, Ultralente, Regular and want to go to India for three weeks. What alternatives do I have?

I would simply take an extra supply of insulin with you and make no changes to your current diabetes care. International travel is usually no problem for folks with diabetes. You may also wish to have a note from your physician explaining that you have diabetes and require injected medications, and don't forget your medical identification.

[Editor's comment: See Traveling with Diabetes for more information. SS]

Posted to Traveling