Question:

From Pune, Maharashtra, India:

I am a 48 year old male who developed a rash. I consulted a dermatologist who finally diagnosed the problem as sugar. The fasting blood sugar was 118 mg/dl [6.6 mmol/L] and the post-prandial blood sugar was 170 mg/dl [9.4 mmol/L]. The post-prandial urine was 4+. Do I have diabetes? How do I control this?

Answer:

It seems as though your blood sugar is running a higher than normal. You may have type 2 diabetes. It is important you get this properly checked out by a doctor experienced in diabetes. He/she will be able to advise you more appropriately. If you do have type 2 diabetes, you may be able to control your blood sugar initially with a healthy diet.

JS

Posted to and