From Salem, Utah, USA:

My five year son has had frequent urination for about a week, like every half hour. He likes to eat. He is 45 pounds. I don't see a drop in his weight. I don't have a history of diabetes in the family. He had a urine test two days ago, and everything was normal. I am still worried.

Kids have a funny way of occasionally urinating frequently, and with a negative urine test for sugar, it is quite unlikely to be diabetes. However, I would encourage you to clearly tell your son's pediatrician that you have concerns. In addition, I would suggest checking serial urine sugar tests over the next few months to ensure he doesn't have diabetes and to help ease your concerns about diabetes.