From Hanoi, Vietnam:

I have seen many people suffering from diabetes and the number keeps rising in Hanoi. Could you please inform me of appropriate preventive actions against diabetes including diet?

This question is not really specific enough to answer. You did not say whether this was just a personal impression or there was any statistical support. It would be interesting to know though whether these cases were middle aged and had been exposed to dioxins in childhood or whether their mothers had been severely malnourished during pregnancy.