From Louisa, Kentucky, USA:

My husband came home today feeling quite dizzy. We checked his blood pressure and it was 170 over 100. I noticed that everything seems to have sodium, but what is the acceptable daily intake for someone to have? Also, does my child, diagnosed with type 1 diabetes four years ago, need to watch his sodium intake?

I would suggest that your husband make an appointment with his doctor to check over your husband's blood pressure. I think sodium intake should be restricted to minimal additional salt other than in cooking. I'm afraid I don't know the requirement for adults, but we generally take more than we should in an average Western world diet.

Also, there is no need to be too restrictive on salt intake in a child with diabetes simply because has diabetes. General rules apply also for children, but avoiding adding salt to food.