From Pensacola, Florida, USA:

My three and one-half year old constantly asks for something to drink and urinates frequently. I have noticed the frequent urination since trying to potty train her using regular cotton training pants. I will take her to potty and within a few minutes she wets herself. She is not tired (she's a ball of energy, Mom's tired though!) She eats normally and is petite, but not underweight. None of my other children ever drank so much nor were they hard to potty train. We have no history of diabetes in our family that I know of. Should I have her tested and how would they test her?

Testing for diabetes is usually quite simple. Your daughter's pediatrician will usually run a simple urine test for diabetes as a part of her yearly health exam. Children who have symptoms of diabetes such as frequent urination, excessive thirst and hunger, and weight loss should definitely have testing done. This can easily be arranged. Some of the behaviors you are describing are quite typical for a potty training three year old. Your daughter's pediatrician can give you some other suggestions for making the potty training more successful for you too!