From Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA:

My two year old son has had type 1 diabetes since he was 11 months old. Six weeks ago, we noticed he had a jaundiced appearance. Here are his most recent hepatic function panel results: ALT-295, AST-208, ALP-148, bilirubin 0.25. Our son's doctor says that liver damage is occurring. The ALT and AST levels are increasing with every test. We are awaiting the results of a hepatitis test, as well as immunoglobulin tests. If it is not hepatitis, what else could it be? He never had yellow eyes, dark urine, or gray stools. My wife and I are very worried that he may be in the early stages of liver failure. Could this be related to the diabetes?

I'm afraid this is not diabetes, at least as I understand it. I'm not an expert on this and suggest you seek consultation with a gastroenterologist [gut and liver specialist] or a hepatologist [liver specialist].