From Conroe, Texas, USA:

I have had a fair amount of hypoglycemia for about 10 years. I have lupus, secondary Sjogrens Syndrome, and I am hypothyroid. Recently, my fasting blood sugar has been around 130-140 mg/dl [7.2-7.8 mmol/L]. Is there any correlation between these conditions and getting diabetes?

As a matter of fact, there is a relationship between lupus, Sjogrens Syndrome, and hypothyroidism and developing type 1 diabetes. These disorders are all referred to as autoimmune disorders. That is, the immune system causes damage to all the tissues involved. I would warn you against having recurrent low blood sugars as these are known to increase the risk of not sensing very low sugars and a possible loss of consciousness or seizure.