Question:

From Kuwait:

I am 40 years old and have had diabetes for five years. I am taking medicine. I am not satisfied with my sex life due to premature ejaculation and no erection afterwards. Please prescribe suitable medication and other steps to tackle the situation.

Answer:

This is certainly known to happen in patients with diabetes. It is very common to have difficulty maintaining an erection. However, this is a treatable problem. I would suggest you see your physician if you have not yet, or a specialist, such as an endocrinologist or a urologist who is familiar with problems of sexual dysfunction in diabetes.