From Thane Maharastra State, India:

I am 48 years old and have had type 1 diabetes for the last 25 years. I take 30 units of U-40 human Mixtard in the morning. For the last on year or so, I find that my underwear gets torn near my penis. Is it because my urine is acidic?

The urine of people with diabetes is not necessarily more acidic than the urine of people without diabetes. However, it does contain a higher amount of glucose. The glucose could serve as a fuel for bacteria and promote bacterial breakdown in the area. Therefore, it is important to maintain good control and good cleanliness to avoid problems with infection.