From Russellville, Alabama, USA:

Before I knew what was wrong with me and went in to the doctor, I had delusions. I thought somebody was after me, thought I was dying, and thought crazy thoughts. I felt as if someone had drugged me. The doctor did all kinds of tests and all that was found was that my blood sugar was at 300 mg/dl [16.7 mmol/L]. I was diagnosed with diabetes. Do you think that this is normal?

It is not unusual to know something is wrong and to have various unusual thoughts about illness and dying prior to the diagnosis of diabetes. This is particularly true if you were pretty ill shortly before and at the time of your diagnosis. If these harmful thoughts persist, I would discuss them with your diabetes team.

Posted to Behavior