From Tell City, Indiana, USA:

I am 16 years old, have type 1 diabetes, and am currently on Synthroid [a brand name of a thyroid hormone]. If I forget to take my pill, will it make my sugar levels higher the next day or two?

Actually, one of the signs of low thyroid is diabetes that is too easy to control. Lest you think we and you might like it that way, the downfall of too low a thyroid function, hypothyroidism, is poor growth, something I know you want to get the most of.

So a high blood sugar shouldn't result from forgetting your pill, but poor growth can result from missing too many pills. Develop a habit where you take the pill with one of your insulin doses.

Posted to Thyroid