From Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA:

I am now 18 weeks pregnant and had gestational diabetes with my first son 2 years ago. Out of curiosity, I checked my levels one hour after eating a huge piece of banana bread and a glass of milk, and it was 120 mg/dl [6.7 mmol/L]. Do you think this is high? My obstetrician does not plan on testing this time until 24 weeks. Should I be tested earlier? What are the appropriate levels one hour after eating?

If the value of 120 mg/dl [6.7 mmol/L]was obtained at one hour after your meal, then that is normal. I consider less than 130 mg/dl [7.2 mmol/L] at one hour after a meal as acceptable. Often gestational diabetes does not appear until after 24 weeks. If you tested now and have a normal result, then a repeat test is still indicated at 24-28 weeks.

Posted to Gestational Diabetes