From Baker City, Oregon, USA:

What fruits and veggies are not acceptable for people with diabetes? I am very new at this and have a need to know so that my diet can be a good one.

All fruits and vegetables are acceptable on the diabetes diet. The diet consists of foods which are basically categorized according to the amount of carbohydrate found in them. Carbohydrate is the nutrient which raises the blood sugar the most. Serving sizes for foods containing carbohydrate are equal to 15 grams of carbohydrate.

To help you more successfully plan your meals, I would suggest you visit with a dietitian who will be able to discuss your personal goals for calories and other nutrients. The American Diabetes Association has many publications available for purchase which may help you as well. One is an exchange list of meal planning which would be most helpful for portion sizes of foods containing carbohydrate. It also contains guidelines for healthy eating regarding fat and protein intake.