From Sussex, New Jersey, USA:

I read somewhere about rollerblading for the cause of diabetes. How can I get involved and help? Several people in my school have diabetes, and I love to help others and really love to rollerblade. So, if you know any thing about a charity event, involving rollerblading please contact me ahead of time so I can get parental permission, and raise sponsors.

Most fundraisers are sponsored by the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation International (previously called the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation) or the American Diabetes Association (ADA). Please check with your local children's hospital as well. They should be able to tell you how to contact these organizations. If not, check your local phone directory.