Question:

From the United Kingdom:

My five year old daughter is generally fit, healthy and never complains when she is unwell. During the last few weeks however, she has been complaining of stomachache, irritable, gets easily upset, drinks a lot of water (she has since birth), and yesterday was sent home after being nauseated, white as a sheet, dizzy, and very sweaty. Could this be an indication of type 1 diabetes or just lack of sugar? If it is an early sign, how can I help her? Also, her paternal grandmother suffered once from hyperglycaemia, but it is under control.

Answer:

Your daughter's symptoms are too vague to be diagnostic, but if she is having recurrent bouts of this then she should be checked out. From her age, I guess she's not long been at school so you should also check out possible emotional reasons for her symptoms.