Question:

From England:

My regimen consists of a shot of Humalog before each meal and one of Ultratard at bedtime. I have noticed a pattern of high readings two hours after lunch. Could this be because the effect of the Ultratard has diminished? I have contemplated changing to two injections of Ultratard per day. When is the best time to take Ultratard? What percentage should I take at each time?

Answer:

You should discuss your insulin regimen with your own diabetes team but might consider first trying a higher dose of Humalog at lunchtime.