From Tel Aviv, Israel:

What is the prevalence of diabetes in Yemenites living in Israel?

Try searching PubMed under 'Diabetes in Yemen'. You'll find several reports. The increased incidence with immigration to Israel is much the same as with Cook Islanders to New Zealand.

Additional comments from David Mendosa, A Writer on the Web:

You could look at the web page, Government, where it says in part:

The Diabetes Programme of the Division of Noncommunicable Diseases of the World Health Organization is responsible for providing to WHO's 190 member countries advice on appropriate policies and strategies for monitoring, prevention, and control of diabetes. Headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, the Programme publishes the World Diabetes newsletter. The URL is

At the WHO site see also Diabetes estimates 1995-2025 and Prevalence Estimates at Estimates for the number of people with diabetes in both Yemen and Israel are included. The student can get the total population figures from any good encyclopaedia (including on-line versions) or almanac.

Additional comments from Betty Brackenridge, diabetes dietitian:

I don't know the information you're seeking but would suggest that you check with people in diabetes programs closer to home. I spoke at a diabetes meeting in Haifa earlier this year and I recall that some research was being done on diabetes in the Yemenites. As far as I know, it has not been published here in the US, but people working in diabetes in your own country (at a local hospital or university) may be able to direct you to a local source.