From Ontario, Canada:

I am 14 years old and was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes when I was eight. We've been trying to an appointment with the doctor for almost a year now to see about getting a pump because I really want a pump. Every time my mom calls they say that I'm on a list to see the doctor. Do you know if they are allowed to neglect people with diabetes like that?

Change doctors if you do not get the care you want to receive. Also, perhaps the doctor does not know what is happening with the appointment system. You may want to write directly to the doctor since he will likely get and read his own mail.

Additional comments from Lois Schmidt Finney, diabetes dietitian:

That is very frustrating, I am sure. You might want to try another doctor or call the company that has the pump you wish to use and ask them if they have ideas. I hope you have received information on the insulin pump you wish to use since that will save time.