Question:

From Kansas City, Missouri, USA:

I am 15 years old and a while ago I was having most of the symptoms of type 1 diabetes. I had a test done which the doctor said was okay. However, now, months later, I am having symptoms again. I'm not losing weight, but my pants are falling off when they fit before. Could I have been misdiagnosed or could I have gotten diabetes all of the sudden?

Answer:

It is hard to reply without knowing what your symptoms are. However, the simplest way to know is to check your urine for glucose. If you have no glucose in your urine, most likely you do not have diabetes. However, it is worth seeing your doctor again to have things checked out, in case it is something other than diabetes.

JS