From Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan:

I am 10 years old and have had type 1 diabetes for two years. I take 70/30 insulin twice daily and control my diet, but lately it is not helping. I have high blood sugar readings (315-480 mg/dl [17.5-26.7 mmol/L]). Two weeks ago, my doctor put me on Regular insulin thrice daily, but I have seen no change. I have consulted more then one doctor, but no use. I need guidance! Are there any tablets for type 1 diabetes?

It is difficult to know how to deal with your diabetes without knowing the basics. You should keep in touch with your diabetes team to try work out ways of making things better.

Unfortunately, there isn't a tablet for type 1 diabetes. The only treatment is insulin. There are different types of insulin you can use, so it would be worth checking it out with your doctor.

[Editor's comment: Your and your parents should specifically ask you doctor about using a very long-acting insulin such as Ultralente or glargine in combination with lispro or, perhaps, an insulin pump. SS]