From Kentucky, USA:

My 13 year old son, type 1 for four years and using an insulin pump for a month, had a 12-hour urine for protein and creatinine clearance. The protein was normal, but the creatinine clearance was low at 76. Our doctor questioned the low result since the protein was normal. Is protein the same as microalbumin? Is one test as good as the other? We are repeating a 24-hour specimen. and this time I want a microalbumin test. At what point is a child started on ACE inhibitors? Are the side effects the same as for adults?

Most likely the creatinine clearance is incorrect. You should ask your doctor and health care team to explain these results in more detail so that you can understand what they are testing. I would guess this was a microalbumin test and not a protein measurement. ACE inhibitors would not likely be recommended unless three or more such overnight quantitative microalbumin tests were abnormal or if there was a rising pattern, high blood pressure, etc. Repeating the test several times is exactly the right response when an odd test result occurs.