From New Brunswick, Canada:

I am a 14 year old girl. My grandfather has type 2, and one of my cousins has type 1 diabetes. They are both on my mother's side of the family. Lately, I have been having some symptoms of diabetes (fatigue, thirst, lack of appetite, and frequent urination). I have also been dizzy a few times. Is dizziness a symptom of diabetes? Even though I have not lost weight, could I still have diabetes?

Whenever someone has any of the signs of diabetes, I would suggest they be tested for diabetes. This testing is simple, inexpensive, and can be done through your physician's office. Dizziness can be a symptom of diabetes reflecting dehydration from high blood sugar.

[Editor's comment: If you haven't already told your parents about this, you need to. You can print out our answer and show to them so that you can get things checked out as soon as possible. SS]