Question:

From Cary, North Carolina, USA:

I am a 17 year old female. About a year and half ago, I was in the shower when I became very lightheaded and dizzy. The next thing I knew, I woke up on the floor. I had passed out. I went the hospital where they checked me for anemia but said I didn't have it. However, they couldn't even get a blood sugar level, and they made me drink some soda before they got one. Everyday, around 9 am, in the middle of school, I get shaky, dizzy, I feel like I'm on the verge of passing out again, I have hot cold flashes, and a couple of times have asked to leave to get something to eat because I thought I was going to pass out. This happens several times a day. I got on-line and read about hypoglycemia. Do you think that is what I have? If I do, is it important that I go to the doctor? Are they just going to tell me to watch what I eat?

Answer:

It does sound like you are experiencing hypos, and it would be very important to go and see your doctor to have it checked out.

JS