From Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA:

My son has type 1 diabetes. He is 10 years old and he wants to make ginger bread cookies for Christmas and decorate them. Is there a recipe for icing that does not contain sugar?

I have used cream cheese softened with milk and aspartame or one of the other sweeteners to make frosting. This counts basically as fat rather than carbohydrate. The consistency can be whatever you wish with the addition of milk. I think it tastes pretty good and acts somewhat like a regular frosting. I hope you enjoy the experience together -- and the gingerbread too!