From New England, USA:

I am considering a pump and am trying to learn more about the R-1000. I've heard that it has an "alarm" problem. I've also heard that the problem has been resolved with new software. Do you know about this or any other problems with the R-1000?

Here's an answer from Dr. Alan Schorr ( This is excerpted from a longer reply to a question about the Animas R-1000 pump which I had directed to Animas.

"I have 14 patients already using the R-1000 and R-1000 A and the only difficulty has been the alarms due to high pressure or trying to bolus over 6 to 7 units at a time. This has been rectified with newer software. Most of my patients have not had any problems since the change and in fact, the company has been monitoring them quite closely."

Posted to Insulin Pumps