From Boaz, Alabama, USA:

About two years ago, I had gestational diabetes requiring insulin which was discontinued after the birth. I have a strong family history of diabetes, and they told me it could come back. I have severe asthma, and I have been on prednisone for two to three years now, so I have gained 72 pounds since my child has been born. I have boils come up under my breasts, on them, under my arm pits, on my stomach, and on the inner thigh, and I am a little embarrassed to go to the doctor. Does this have anything to do with diabetes?

One of the consequences of elevated blood sugars over time is an increased risk of developing infections. If you have gained as much weight as you say you have, it is important for you to have your physician check your blood sugar to make sure you do not have diabetes.