Question:

From North Ogden, Utah, USA:

My 10 year old son has Diabetes Insipidus. He is also ADHD and has been in resource classes for math and reading for the last couple of years. The resource teacher is really bad at the school, and I have pulled him out of her class for math. He is in the fifth grade, and she is still teaching the class third grade math for the third year. He hates it because he never learns anything new. He is doing okay in regular class, but he really needs a little tutoring, I was wondering if you know if this is required under the IDEA act or 504 plan

Answer:

Yes. It sounds like your son's difficulty relates to his ADHD. You need to discuss this with his school counsellor so that a proper evaluation can be done in order for him to receive the help he needs.

SS

Posted to Social Issues: School and Daycare