From Marksville, Louisiana, USA:

Since day one of the present school year, I have had a prescription for an morning and afternoon snack for my son during school hours. Our feeding program mandates these snacks be provided by the cafeteria. To date, my son is yet to receive a snack. How can doctor's orders not be obeyed? My child is being pulled out of the serving line or the serving line is being stopped so his lunch plate can be served even though we have asked it be preserved, put in the warmer, and then given to him when he reaches the serving line. Isn't this a form of discrimination because of his medical disability?

It is unclear from your question as to whether or not you have a 504 Plan in place for your son. If there is one signed by the school, then they are required by law to carry out what's in it.

I think you need you need to set up a meeting with your son's principal, the cafeteria staff, and, perhaps, someone from your son's diabetes team to discuss these issues.

Posted to Social Issues: School and Daycare