From Selkirk, New York, USA:

I am a teacher's aid in the New York State school system. I have been instructed to be a trained back-up person to administer glucagon in case of an emergency. I would like to help this child however, I am physically unable to perform this duty as I shake uncontrollably, perspire and have the feeling of passing out when I see a syringe. My administrator informed me that if I do not accept this training I will be terminated for insubordination. Can I legally be terminated?

I suggest you get a note from your doctor stipulating your disability. In that way, it will be documented, and you would have a stronger case against termination.

Posted to Social Issues: School and Daycare