From Boston, Massachusetts, USA:

I have type 1 diabetes, lupus, and a cold thyroid nodule, which I don't think has grown. I have right-sided muscle pain and extreme fasciculation. My sugars are above 300 mg/dl [16.7 mmol/L], and at my last exam, I was spilling glucose in my urine. The emergency room staff claimed it is probably a urinary tract infection [UTI], but I know I don't have any signs of a UTI such as burning, urgency, voiding pain, etc. I have had a fever of 100-101 degrees for six days. Do you have any idea what else I can do?

My suggestion to you is to vigorously pursue a diagnosis to your problem with your physician. It may be that whatever is causing the fevers is pushing your blood sugars up. Having