From Chicago, Illinois, USA:

I have bruises from my infusion sets and from two years or so ago when I was doing shots. My doctor doesn't seemed too concerned about it, but I am. Is there anything I can do to help the old bruising from my shots go away?

Two years on these cannot be bruises, but must be depositions of pigment in the skin. It is unlikely that there is much you can do about it.

[Editor's comment: Several thoughts:

1. You should avoid using those areas.
  2. Review your insertion technique with an educator to be sure it is correct.
  3. Ask for consult to a dermatologist who might be able to sort out the problem and its cause. SS]