Question:

From Chicago, Illinois, USA:

I have bruises from my infusion sets and from two years or so ago when I was doing shots. My doctor doesn't seemed too concerned about it, but I am. Is there anything I can do to help the old bruising from my shots go away?

Answer:

Two years on these cannot be bruises, but must be depositions of pigment in the skin. It is unlikely that there is much you can do about it.

[Editor's comment: Several thoughts:

1. You should avoid using those areas.
  2. Review your insertion technique with an educator to be sure it is correct.
  3. Ask for consult to a dermatologist who might be able to sort out the problem and its cause. SS]