From Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA:

I'm having trouble living with type 1 diabetes. I feel it shouldn't have happened to me. Help!

Diabetes is not easy -- anyone who says it is must be confused. It demands so much of you and the rewards of taking care of yourself are hard to keep in mind every day. Do you have anyone you trust that you can confide in? Do you have a diabetes team to support you? It is imperative that you not isolate yourself. Is there a support group of folks your age in your area?

I think when bad things happen, it is easy to get down and feel overwhelmed. The trick is to ask for help from those around you. Asking questions at Children with Diabetes is fine, but, we aren't right there to assist you. Step out in courage and find a clinician or counselor skilled in the psychosocial aspects of chronic disease management. Do it now!

Posted to Other Social Issues