From Bedford, UK:

I am 34 and was diagnosed as having borderline gestational diabetes at 32 weeks. Since then, my home test glucose results have been 'normal' after only a very slight change in diet, and in fact have been going down and getting more consistent. Could my intolerance have gone away now? I feel it would reassure me to have another glucose tolerance test. What comments do you have?

It sounds as if the diet is working well. Even just a slight adjust in your intake of fats, protein and carbohydrates can make a difference. Since your test was borderline a repeat glucose tolerance test may be normal. However, you may still have some degree of insulin resistance. The fact that the diet is working well is reassuring.

Posted to Gestational Diabetes