From Indio, California, USA:

My six year old daughter has had frequent stomachaches and headaches for over eight weeks. She remains active, but her color is pale, and she often has circles under her eyes. We did a fasting blood sugar which was 69 mg/dl [3.8 mmol/L]. She has other symptoms such as frequent urination, thirst, and hunger, and she is easily upset at times though she has always been a very compliant child. Her stomachaches seem to be on an empty stomach and go away once she has eaten. We've also had her bilirubin checked, and it is high (1.7, 1.5, and 1.9). I want to have a glucose tolerance test done, but wonder if it is necessary when her blood sugar was a little on the low side instead of high side.

A blood sugar of 69 mg/dl [3.8 mmol/L] is a normal blood sugar. Her bilirubin is slightly elevated which might represent liver problems, but is likely not related to serious problems. In light of your daughter's symptoms, I would suggest reviewing this with your physician who can help you determine any further necessary testing.

[Editor's comment: There's no need for a GTT if several blood sugar (and/or urine sugar) tests are normal, despite the symptoms that sound somewhat like diabetes. WWQ]