From Bath, Somerset, England:

I'm 14 year old boy, and I have been having trouble with my diabetes recently. I can't seem to get my blood sugar below 10 mmol/L [180 mg/dl], and I'm starting to worry. Is there anything I can do?

There are several reasons why your readings may be running high. It is difficult to know without knowing your details. It may be due to puberty when you need an increase in insulin, it may be you are less active, you may be eating a bit more, or there may be other reasons. The best thing would be to talk over your problems with your diabetes team who will be able to advise you.

Posted to Hyperglycemia and DKA