Question:

From Westfield, Indiana, USA:

I compete in fitness competitions and no one wants to help me with a diet nor do they know what kind of diet to give me. I reach about 15% body fat for my shows but need to be 10% body fat. I can't get over that hump to drop my last bit of body fat. I want that "ripped" look. Please help or point me in the direction of someone who can.

Answer:

Probably your best bet would be to contact a registered dietitian who specializes in sports nutrition (since that appears to be your interest). You can find an RD in your area by visiting the American Dietetic Association website or by calling the ADA at 800-877-1600 or AADE at 800-TEAMUP-4.

JMS

[Editor's comment: I would also suggest that you contact the International Diabetic Athletes Association, 1647 West Bethany Home Road #B, Phoenix, AZ 85015, USA (Fax: (602)433-9331; phone: (800) 898-IDAA or (602) 433-2113; E-Mail: idaa@diabetes-exercise.org). SS]

Posted to Weight and Weight Loss